Navigation

Monday, January 8, 2018

More organized than ever


This year I’m going to be more organized than ever. That is what this blog is going to be all about:
Getting things together. Do you believe that it’s possible? I think getting things organized sounds
more like one of those posts on Facebook, where people tell how they have been drinking only water
for six months and eating just healthy food.
A life that is well planned sounds also a bit boring. No more procrastination and everything done in
time. Boring or not, it’s not going to happen right away. Changes are done step by step. After all,
recently I have realized that planning things more is not so boring. When you have a lot of things to
do, and only a limited amount of hours to get it done, planning is essential for survival.
Many of my weeks have looked like a total mess, that I have tried to get through. I recognize myself
from Sophie Kinsella’s books. I find myself getting sometimes into really funny situations. Grabbing a
shopping basket instead of a trolley, buying way too many things and then trying to carry them all to
your car for example. How foolish is that? Sometimes the funny situations are a result of hustle.
Things happen, when you haven’t planned what you’re doing.
I feel like I’ve had the habit of doing most things in the last minute. Procrastinating the less
comfortable things and spending the little time I have with social media or just doing nothing. That’s
not a problem if you have a lot of time. The problem comes when you don’t have. And you start
feeling stressed, because you suddenly lose all the time you could actually do things you love and
get forward with them.
There are always explanations why things are not done until the last minute. And there will always
be. Still there can be time found for the things we think are important.
My writing has been very spontaneous. I’m not much of a planner, it’s much more fun to do things
when you have the right feeling to do them. Unfortunately that’s not the way to get forward in writing.
A blog needs to be planned, and time needs to be owned. I have a lot of ideas for writing different
things. Many times they stay as ideas and never become something real. All because the lack of
planning. And of course, a little bit of laziness.
That’s why I haven’t been writing this blog for a while. I have many times thought about not writing
anymore, because I can’t get texts finished on time and not being pleased with them.
I don’t believe in New Year’s resolutions. There is no free lunch, habits aren’t changed in a blink of
an eye. Ideas need to be developed until they become something real. Now I commit myself to this
blog for the year 2018. This will be a blog about personal development. Getting things done, even
small things. Actually I believe the small things are in fact the big things. They can make a big
difference.
I started writing this blog for about five years ago. Many of the texts have been much shorter than
planned and the ideas not so well planned. This year I will try to find a clearer concept and focus in
writing texts.
Happy New Year!
“Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
-Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATEST POST

The happiest country

 Hello from Finland, the happiest country in the world. Why are we so happy, and are we that happy? Maybe the answer is, that many things ar...

MOST POPULAR POSTS